Housing and Support Services Manager
37.5 Hours per week
Salary: $42,900 – $46,800 dependent on experience
Apply by: Friday, March 10th 2017 at noon
OUTSaskatoon is a non-profit, charitable organization that believes in the equity of trans, two spirit, intersex, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and queer people. We provide peer support and counselling, queer-specific education and resources, outreach, social gatherings and events, community referrals, and sexual health services. We support body, mind and spirit within a growing and changing community.
We are looking for a skilled, community-minded, and dynamic individual to fill the position of Housing and Support Manager. This position oversees OUTSaskatoon’s new LGBTQ Youth Housing Initiative Pride Home as well as OUTSaskatoon’s Support Services arm of service delivery.
We wish to emphasize that OUTSaskatoon is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of all we serve. This includes prioritizing applicants that are diverse in gender identity, sexuality, culture, and race. Please use your cover letter to tell us about your unique perspectives, experiences, and abilities, as they apply to your fit within the OUTSaskatoon team. Preferential consideration will be given to First Nations, Metis, and Two Spirit applicants. We rely on section 48 of The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code for this measure.
- Supervise Support Services staff at OUTSaskatoon, providing feedback, support, and guidance, as needed.
- Manage operations of Pride Home including intake and referrals, staff supervision, preparing budgets, financial record-keeping, policy development, and grant applications.
- Oversee OUTSaskatoon’s drop-in centre in terms of staffing, supplies, and activities.
- Supply phone-line and drop-in peer counselling, referrals and information services as needed.
- Oversee OUTSaskatoon’s variety of evening groups.
- Train volunteers and new staff for phone-line and drop-in peer counselling.
- Supervise Social Work Practicum students throughout the year.
- In collaboration, update and maintain peer counselling resources for volunteers and staff.
- Participate in key events put on by OUTSaskatoon (Pride, GSA Summit, GLITTER, AIDS walk, etc.)
- Participate in evaluation activities, as requested.
- Monthly statistical record-keeping and reporting and performance of other duties as assigned and/or negotiated with Executive Director.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor of Social Work (BSW), Bachelor of Indian Social Work (BISW) or an equivalent certificate (Certified Indian Social Worker - CISW or Certified Social Worker - CSW).
- Up-to-date First Aid and CPR training
- ASSIST, PART, and other relevant trainings an asset.
- At least one year of management or supervisory experience
- At least three years of experience working in a human services field in a housing and/or support services role.
- Knowledge of queer issues and harm reduction practices.
- Direct experience with youth housing and knowledge of youth-centred care an asset.
- Experience working for community-based organizations and/or working in the queer community an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle with a clean abstract.
- Criminal record check with vulnerable sectors clearance required upon hiring.
Working Conditions: OUTSaskatoon is an office environment. Shift and week-end work will be required. Incumbent will be on call on a rotating basis.
Job Term: This is a full-time position that is a one year term, subject to renewal.
Benefits: We offer an excellent Benefits Package which includes comprehensive health, eye care, and dental benefits, three weeks of vacation plus one day per year of service, an Employee and Family Assistance Plan, designated professional development funds for each staff, and a Group RRSP plan at 1.5% after one year of employment.
To Apply: Please submit a detailed cover letter, a resume highlighting relevant education and work experience, and three references by email, mail, or fax to:
Rachel Loewen Walker
director [AT] outsaskatoon.ca
201-320 21st St W
Saskatoon, SK S7M 4E6