Ideal for healthcare providers who work within any medical setting or students who are currently enrolled in a healthcare-related program. Participants will be introduced to the foundations of identity, terminology, proper language, experiences that people within the LGBTQ2S community have had with the healthcare system, and inclusive practices that can be implemented within healthcare settings so Queer and Trans patients have better experiences. Resources will also be provided.
Topic overview: LGBT terminology, pronouns, gender inclusive language, best practices in trans health care, medical transition related procedures, best practices in forms, intake, policy, and procedure.
We can provide
- Professional development training (minimum 2 hours)
- Presentations to university students within the Colleges of Medicine and Nursing (minimum 2 hours)
- Conference workshops and keynote presentations
- Consultation on best practices, policy and procedure development, and patient support
- In Saskatoon: $120
- Outside of Saskatoon: $120 + mileage, meals, and accommodations
How to book
Contact Amanda Guthrie (pronouns: she/her)
Education & Operations Manager