When living with HIV/AIDS, it is important to take care of mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual needs. OUTSaskatoon ascribes to a harm reduction perspective, where we strive to ‘meet people where they are at’ and to offer a range of services in a safe and non-judgmental environment.
We are able to support individuals who are living positive through a variety of ways:
- Our drop-in centre is a comforting and safe space to visit
- Our library contains HIV/AIDS resources and we also have up to date HIV pamphlets on varying topics
- OUTSaskatoon staff are trained in peer support and are here to lend a listening ear
- We operate a peer support line (1-800-358-1833)
- OUTSaskatoon provides short-term counselling (up to six sessions) for LGBTQ individuals and their families
- Our Two-Spirit Coordinator is dedicated to HIV and Two Spirit communities and provides cultural support
- Every Thursday night from 5-8pm our queer & ally sexual health clinic provides rapid HIV testing as well as testing for sexually transmitted infections. All testing is free and confidential
- OUTSaskatoon is a distribution point for the Good Food Box which provides top quality, nutritious food at an affordable price
- All of the programing and activities at OUTSaskatoon are inclusive to everyone and are provided in a safe environmen
We are always looking for volunteers and would love to have you as part of our organization. Please contact us if you have any ideas about how we can provide better services to people who are positive.
Are you wanting to start PrEP? Are you curious if PrEP is right for you? OUTSaskatoon's new PrEP clinic launched in June of 2018 so that people within the LGBTQ2S community would be able to access PrEP in a Queer and Trans-inclusive environment. The clinic operates every second Saturday of the month and is open to anyone wanting more information about PrEP or those who are wanting to start PrEP.
If you are wanting to start PrEP you must have lab work done at least one week prior to your appointment. Lab work can be done here at OUTSaskatoon during our Thursday evening sexual health clinic, or at Saskatoon Sexual Health throughout the week, or at your regular medical clinic.
Canada’s source for HIV and hepatitis C information: www.catie.ca
AIDS Saskatoon: www.aidssaskatoon.ca
All Nation’s Hope Network: www.allnationshope.ca
Persons Living with AIDS Network of Saskatchewan: www.aidsnetworksaskatoon.ca
HiM Health Initiative for Men: http://checkhimout.ca/