JOB POSTING: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
OUTSaskatoon plays an important role in 2SLGBTQ well-being, research, and advocacy in the province. Our employees, volunteers, and board members have worked at grassroots, municipal, provincial, and federal levels in order to reduce the effects of homophobia/transphobia in our communities. Today, OUTSaskatoon has 14 staff who work tirelessly toward increasing the acceptance and visibility of Saskatchewan’s 2SLGBTQ people, as well as to reaching new and varied community partners, businesses, and organizations in the provision of support services, education, housing, events, and programming. In all that we do, we work to improve the lives of the 2SLGBTQ community.
We are seeking a leader who can imagine and articulate a bold, positive path for OUTSaskatoon within its home community and on the national stage. On the home front, you will harness the energy and goodwill of our staff, board and partners to build on what’s been accomplished and forge forward on new fronts in service to the community. On the national stage, you will collaborate in the work of leading social change through advocacy, policy engagement, and of mentoring other 2SLGBTQ organizations.
You know you are the right candidate for this position because you:
- Have a bold vision for OUTSaskatoon and the 2SLGBTQ community, and the passion to actualize it.
- Can galvanize individuals, collectives and communities around common purpose.
- Value a community-centred approach and know how to build from the ground up.
- Have a commitment to building and facilitating relationships with Indigenous and Two Spirit people and communities, and ensuring that OUTSaskatoon continues its work of decolonization and reconciliation.
- Are able to foster meaningful relationships that engender trust and release potential.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of 2SLGBTQ identities and experiences, including knowledge of intersectionality and its impact on the lived experiences of the people OUTSaskatoon works with.
- Approach community building holistically and champion the synergies created from integrative and collaborative efforts.
- Are a patient listener and active learner who fosters open dialogue with everyone.
- Are an experienced organizational leader and operational manager with a track record of promoting others’ professional development and creating results through them.
- Have financial expertise and the tested ability to think and act strategically.
- Set clear objectives and measures, monitor process and progress, and achieve your goals.
Candidates should posess a relevant undergraduate degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience, most recently in a managerial position. We are also open to those with an equivalent and compelling combination of education and experience. A job description for the position may be requested via the email address below.
This position is located in Saskatoon. Some evening and weekend hours as well as occasional travel across and beyond the province are required for this role.
We wish to emphasize that OUTSaskatoon is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of all we serve. This includes prioritizing applicants that are diverse in gender identity, sexuality, culture, and race. Please use your cover letter to tell us about your unique perspectives, experiences, and abilities, as they apply to your fit within the OUTSaskatoon team. Preferential consideration will be given to First Nations, Mètis, and Two Spirit applicants. We rely on section 48 of The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code for this measure.
If this position is of interest to you, please submit your résumé in confidence by April 6, 2020 to:
Rochon Associated HR Management Consulting Inc
502 32nd Street West
Saskatoon SK S7L 0S9
Electronic copies can also to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the above deadline.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.